Did you know that having one Black teacher by the third grade increases the likelihood of a Black student enrolling in college by 13%? Adding a second teacher pushes the likelihood that a Black student enrolls in college up to 32%.
College men who are interested in becoming a teacher should contact us. For those who qualify, we offer paid classroom internships that will allow you to experience working in a school; welcome you into a community of college men who are in education; and offer potential summer employment opportunities. Men who become an elementary education major, or already are, are eligible to apply to become a Black Men Teach College Fellow. Benefits of participation in our fellowship program include:
- 1:1 Mentorship with current Black male teacher,
- Paid classroom internship during studies,
- Paid stipend for student teaching,
- Affinity with other Black men in education
- Summer work opportunities, and
- Scholarship opportunities